Regardless of the industry or discipline in which your expertise as a speaker falls, people who speak professionally have many things in common. Many are entrepreneurs or small business owners. Challenges related to marketing products and services, keeping up with technological advances and anticipating trends are common to everyone.
There is no such thing as a “speaking circuit,” so how do you reach potential clients? How do you expand your skill set to increase your value to clients once you have them? With long hours, travel and an ever-changing cast of clients, speaking can be a lonely profession. What is the best way to expand your network of colleagues and connect to people who do what you do?
The National Speakers Association brings speakers together to address these issues. NSA is a community of thousands of speaking professionals all over the world — a community where the pursuit of knowledge and the sharing of ideas is a way of life.
The Las Vegas Chapter of the National Speakers Association meets on the third Saturday of the month from 9AM-noon. For more information on NSA-LV and our monthly meetings, sign up for our mailing list.
You can follow and chat with our members on Facebook.
Events & News
2015 Event Schedule
May 16th – Chad Hymas, CSP, CPAE
Building THE Ultimate Speaking Career
8:30 AM Registration & Networking | 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
How would you like to have clients requesting you to speak over 200 days a year throughout the world? What if you could sell 1,000,000 copies of your book this year (even if you didn’t have the book done yet)?
In 2012, Chad Hymas PRE-SOLD over one million copies of his book “Doing What Must Be Done” without a publisher, without a PR Firm, AND before the first book ever went to print. Even more amazing is the fact Chad accomplished this incredible feat while traveling 300,000 miles around the world covering 4 continents while presenting at over 200 events. His tour bus (yes he has a tour bus) is sponsored and paid for by major corporations.
What if you found out he has only been speaking for a decade? How good of a speaker is Chad? At 37 years of age, Chad is the one of the youngest ever to receive the CPAE award and be inducted into the National Speaker Hall Of Fame.
DO NOT MISS this rare opportunity to experience Chad Hymas share with you in an intimate setting. Bring your questions and most importantly, be prepared to discover what it takes to build a speaking EMPIRE while living a complete life filled with family, friends, and what matters most in life. Chad Hymas will not only inspire, motivate, and move you… He will create an experience that will touch your heart for a lifetime.
May 16th – Jana Stanfield, CSP, CPAE
The Power and Profit Of Speaker Pals
“Let me tell you why I want to speak at my new Las Vegas chapter as soon as possible,” says Jana Stanfield, CSP. “It’s because I’ve had over a million dollars in speaking business given to me by other speakers who don’t need my help. All I can do now is pay it forward by doing for others what they did for me.” When this triple platinum songwriter named her company “Keynote Concerts”, it was a term no one ever heard of in the speaking world, until Jana Stanfield began making her living at it. Now that she’s in Vegas, she she’ll be teaching us how to help each other, and help others help us, through our powerful and profitable network of speaker pals.
Additional meeting information is coming soon!
National Speakers Association
NSA Las Vegas
7437 S. Eastern Ave #189
Las Vegas, NV. 89123
General Info: Mike Rayburn, President
Programs: Mike Rayburn CSP
Membership: Amber De La Garza
Welcome to NSA of Las Vegas!
NSA Las Vegas is an organization of professional speakers from many different backgrounds and many different areas of expertise, speaking to countless organizations, all with one unifying goal: To support and encourage each other for greater impact and profits in our speaking careers.
Within our organization, you will find an enthusiastic, passionate partnership of speakers dedicated to excellence. In keeping with the spirit of NSA’s creator, Cavett Robert, we earnestly endeavor to…
- Practice abundance rather than scarcity thinking.
- Share our trade secrets, trusting that when we help others we help ourselves.
- “Pay it forward,” meaning that in assisting others we expect nothing in return except that they help someone else.
Our members range from world class CPAE Hall of Fame members to CSP’s, and from hard working professionals with decades of success to those just beginning to speak for a living.
Does this sound like you? If so, take the next step and join us as a member.
Still not sure if becoming a member is for you. Come as my personal guest! Join us free of charge as a 1st time guest to experience all the NSA Las Vegas has to officer.
Whether you are a professional speaker or a beginner, we are here for you. I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting! Feel free to contact me with any questions. 702-527-2307 or Amber@TheProductivitySpecialist.com
Amber De La Garza, Membership Chair
The National Speakers Association of Las Vegas exists for the purpose of growing and maximizing the influence, impact and income of professional speakers in the Las Vegas area.
We accomplish this through…
- Monthly meetings featuring literally the greatest speakers in the world. Recent past speakers include…
- Brian Tracy, CPAE
- Dan Burrus, CSP, CPAE
- Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE
- Willie Jollie, CSP, CPAE
- Dan Thurmon, CSP, CPAE
- Naomi Rhode, CSP, CPAE
- Scott McKain, CSP, CPAE
- Mike Rayburn, CSP, CPAE
- Networking opportunities with other Las Vegas area speakers, speakers bureaus and meeting professionals.
- Referral of members for bookings wherever possible.
- Actively fostering relationships with speakers bureaus, meeting professionals and the LVCVA.
- Fireside chats… Las Vegas is the meeting capital of the world and top name speakers visit often. We set up impromptu “chats” or get-togethers with many of these speakers available only to NSA/LV members.
- Lowest fees for all NSA/LV activities.
- The NSA Academy! Each year we enroll a limited number of new speakers in the NSA Academy. This is a 10-month, hands on, interactive course designed to teach, coach and encourage you in every area necessary for a successful speaking career. Writing your keynote, developing your platform skills, getting bookings, shooting a video demo, building a great web site, platform sales, and other areas of expertise are taught by successful, practicing professionals.
NSA of Las Vegas is your hometown access to the largest and most active network of professional speakers in the world. If you are serious about your speaking career and you live in or near Las Vegas, please join us. We’d love to partner with you for mutual success!
(Already a Member of the National Speakers Association)
$247 + One time application fee of $50 for new members.
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
(Non-Member of the National Speakers Association)
$287 + One time application fee of $50 for new members
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
Non-Member Chapter Meeting Fee: $47
Are the membership fees prorated?
No, our membership is on a rolling annual basis.
When is my membership renewal fee due?
Membership renewals are due 12 months from your last membership payment.
If I am a chapter member, how much are chapter meetings?
All regular chapter meetings are included in your annual chapter membership fees.
Are special chapter meetings included in my chapter membership fee?
Throughout the year NSA Las Vegas will host various events such as a Christmas party and BBQ to name a few. These events will have an additional fee associated due to the additional costs.
When are chapter meetings?
Chapter meetings are generally the third Saturday of the month (September – May). However, at times to accommodate the guest speaker’s schedule, we will have to make changes to the schedule to ensure we are booking the very best for you.
How long can I be an affiliate member?
2014/2015 will be the last year that affiliate membership will be offered or available. After this year there will only be one type of membership available – Professional Member. Professional Member means you are a member of the National Speakers Association and have met the eligibility requirements as determined by National. If you are not a national member or do not currently meet the eligibility requirements, we still WELCOME you to attend chapter meetings. You would simply register for each meeting and pay its fee.
NSA Speaker Academy
Shorten your learning curve as you accelerate your professional speaking career!
NSA-LAS VEGAS SPEAKERS ACADEMY
The NSA-Las Vegas Chapter is proud to announce the fourth year of its highly acclaimed Speakers Academy. NSA is the premier organization for the world’s most successful speakers, authors, subject-matter-experts and coaches. Whatever your unique message is, the 7-month NSA-LV Speakers Academy will significantly shorten your learning curve and turbo-charge your career by helping you:
- Chart your own course for speaking success based on your unique goals and aspirations as a part time or full time speaker
- Develop the four core competencies of the professional speaker
- Gain powerful and practical insights, on a monthly basis, from professional speakers who are practicing what you are learning
- Learn how to adapt your speaking skills to the strong currents of change dominating the speaking, training and coaching environment
- Build lasting relationships with your expert Academy Instructors, NSA-LV chapter members, and other Academy attendees
- Qualify for professional membership in the National Speakers Association
Take this opportunity to accelerate your speaking career by immersing yourself in our dynamic-results-focused program designed for speakers, by speakers. You will learn from a faculty of respected industry experts, the NSA-LV Board of Directors, Certified Speaking Professionals (CSP), and former graduates. NSA is built upon the core principle of sharing insights and expertise. Each person will teach you what they are successfully practicing on and off the platform.
Join the many Academy graduates who qualified for formal NSA membership upon completion of their learning and building experience. In addition to 12 comprehensive sessions over a 7 month period, you will receive the following benefits courtesy of NSA-LV:
- Customized professional One Sheet: Value $350
- Demo video displaying your talents: Value $300
- Membership/Affiliate Dues for LV Chapter: Value $337
To ensure that each participate receives maximum individual coaching, guidance and feedback, enrollment will be capped at 12 students. Submit your application TODAY to take advantage of the early tuition discount.
L. Eric Culverson firstname.lastname@example.org
President: Technically Speaking, Inc.
Dean: Speakers Academy 2015
We cover all the bases. Topics include –but not limited to:
- Orientation, Introduction to NSA and the Speaking Profession
- Professional Awareness, Trends, Critical Marketing Components
- Topic and Content Development, Honing Your Message
- Sales and Comprehensive Marketing
- Building Professional Relationships
- Platform Mechanics, Enhancing Your Delivery
- Presenting, Performance and Your Unique Persona
- Incorporating Humor, Props & Getting More Laughs
- Managing Social Media, Brand Awareness
- Authorship and Product Development, Developing Multiple Income Streams
- Managing Your Business, Day-to-Day Resources, Recommendations
- Putting It All Together, Launching or Revamping your Career
- Academy Showcase, Demonstrate Your Abilities
Logistics: Each Academy session will run from 9-am to noon, Saturday mornings, beginning in December 2014. The program concludes with the graduation & showcase in early June 2015.
Scheduled dates are: (subject to change)
Q4 2014: December 6th, December 20th
Q1 2015: January 10th, January 24th, February 14th, February 28th, March 14th, March 28th
Q2 2015: April 11th, April 25th, May 9th, May 30th, June TBD ( Graduation & Showcase)
2015 Speakers Academy Tuition
(including all the benefits mentioned above)
$997 ON or BEFORE DECEMBER 1, 2014
Payment in FULL or 2 roughly equal Monthly Payments of $499 each, by Feb 1
$1,395 ON or BEFORE January 15, 2015
Payment in FULL or 2 Monthly Payments of $700 each, by March 15
For more information related to the 2014 Speakers Academy, please direct all inquiries to L. Eric Culverson at email@example.com