Regardless of the industry or discipline in which your expertise as a speaker falls, people who speak professionally have many things in common. Many are entrepreneurs or small business owners. Challenges related to marketing products and services, keeping up with technological advances and anticipating trends are common to everyone.
There is no such thing as a “speaking circuit,” so how do you reach potential clients? How do you expand your skill set to increase your value to clients once you have them? With long hours, travel and an ever-changing cast of clients, speaking can be a lonely profession. What is the best way to expand your network of colleagues and connect to people who do what you do?
The National Speakers Association brings speakers together to address these issues. NSA is a community of thousands of speaking professionals all over the world — a community where the pursuit of knowledge and the sharing of ideas is a way of life.
The Las Vegas Chapter of the National Speakers Association meets on the third Saturday of the month from 9AM-noon. For more information on NSA-LV and our monthly meetings, sign up for our mailing list.
You can follow and chat with our members on Facebook.
Events & News
Saturday, February 13, 2016
7850 DEAN MARTIN DRIVE, SUITE #503 Las Vegas, NV 89139
8:30 to 9:00 AM – Registration & Networking
9:00 AM to 12:15 PM - Morning Session
Growing Your Business When
You ARE The Business
Two Incredible Sessions – Come to One or Both!
Morning Session: 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Growing the Business when YOUR are the business
Little did he know at age 21 how inspired he would be by his employer’s words, “You don’t have the work ethic to make it in your own business.” Just six months later, Mark ventured out on his own and never looked back.
Now, 33 years later, Mark shares his expertise on how to grow a business via nine best practices that will optimize your time, money, energy, and creativity.
In the morning session, Mark will walk you through the biggest mistake of his career and will share:
- The One marketing tool that will change the course of your career
- The ultimate strategy for generating more business
- Fresh perspective on why speakers are failing today in spite of the fact there has never been a better demand for our services.
Does Mark know what he’s talking about? That’s an easy yes, as he found out when he asked his own mother why she had become such a successful businesswoman in her later years. “Why, I read your book and did what you said.” she responded.
Afternoon Session: 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
Marketing With A Book!
Cost is $25 and includes lunch
Everywhere you turn, someone is telling you to write a book. Unfortunately, there’s a big difference between self-publishing a book and writing the right book.
Join us for a special, bonus session with Mark on the many facets of book preparation, publishing options and promotion. Too many people write a bad book, or worse, a good book with the wrong title, sub-title or poorly structured table of contents.
Find out how you can:
- Create a turning point in your career
- Book more business using the book as a marketing tool
- Craft the right quantity pricing options
- Implement an easy strategy for filling your speaking pipeline
- Develop a clever idea on how to fund your book
Mark will share examples of the good, bad, ugly and great when it comes to self-publishing, indie publishing or traditional publishing. He has built a small empire on a 77 page book and continues to get an order of 50 copies or more every single week since it was first published in 2000. His book, Never Be the Same lead to a six figure
speaking contract less than 30 days after it was published.
Yes, there’s a book in your future if you want to do more of the good work you’re called and compelled to do. Make sure it’s the right book!
“Mark hit it out of the park with his newest book. It is the one book every business owner will want to keep on their desk and refer to it again and again. Count me a fan.”
Henry DeVries, CEO of Indie Books International
“Your keynote was awesome. I was impressed by the fact that you stood in one spot and still managed to draw the entire crowd in and include the whole audience. I think your message is bang on and was impressed that you took the time to add some “local” content.”
About Mark LeBlanc
Mark LeBlanc is the architect of a unique business development philosophy that zeros in on the core issues that small business owners face on a daily basis. He has given over 1,000 presentations and 140 weekend business development retreats, referred to as the Achievers Circle. He’s a past president of the National Speakers Association and has spoken to audiences and consulted with businesses around the world.
Mark is the author of Growing Your Business and Never Be the Same. Never Be the Same was inspired by walking the 500-mile, Camino de Santiago trek across Northern Spain in 2008. Mark went back and walked the Camino a second time in 2014.
Want to see the other events planned for this year?
National Speakers Association
NSA Las Vegas
7437 S. Eastern Ave #189
Las Vegas, NV. 89123
General Info: Sophia Falke, President
Welcome to NSA of Las Vegas!
NSA Las Vegas is an organization of professional speakers from many different backgrounds and many different areas of expertise, speaking to countless organizations, all with one unifying goal: To support and encourage each other for greater impact and profits in our speaking careers.
Within our organization, you will find an enthusiastic, passionate partnership of speakers dedicated to excellence. In keeping with the spirit of NSA’s creator, Cavett Robert, we earnestly endeavor to…
- Practice abundance rather than scarcity thinking.
- Share our trade secrets, trusting that when we help others we help ourselves.
- “Pay it forward,” meaning that in assisting others we expect nothing in return except that they help someone else.
Our members range from world class CPAE Hall of Fame members to CSP’s, and from hard working professionals with decades of success to those just beginning to speak for a living.
Does this sound like you? If so, take the next step and join us as a member.
Still not sure if becoming a member is for you. Come as my personal guest! Join us free of charge as a 1st time guest to experience all the NSA Las Vegas has to officer.
Whether you are a professional speaker or a beginner, we are here for you. I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting! Feel free to contact me with any questions. 702-575-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocco De Lorenzo
The National Speakers Association of Las Vegas exists for the purpose of growing and maximizing the influence, impact and income of professional speakers in the Las Vegas area.
We accomplish this through…
- Monthly meetings featuring literally the greatest speakers in the world. Recent past speakers include…
- Brian Tracy, CPAE
- Dan Burrus, CSP, CPAE
- Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE
- Willie Jollie, CSP, CPAE
- Dan Thurmon, CSP, CPAE
- Naomi Rhode, CSP, CPAE
- Scott McKain, CSP, CPAE
- Mike Rayburn, CSP, CPAE
- Networking opportunities with other Las Vegas area speakers, speakers bureaus and meeting professionals.
- Referral of members for bookings wherever possible.
- Actively fostering relationships with speakers bureaus, meeting professionals and the LVCVA.
- Fireside chats… Las Vegas is the meeting capital of the world and top name speakers visit often. We set up impromptu “chats” or get-togethers with many of these speakers available only to NSA/LV members.
- Lowest fees for all NSA/LV activities.
- The NSA Academy! Each year we enroll a limited number of new speakers in the NSA Academy. This is a 10-month, hands on, interactive course designed to teach, coach and encourage you in every area necessary for a successful speaking career. Writing your keynote, developing your platform skills, getting bookings, shooting a video demo, building a great web site, platform sales, and other areas of expertise are taught by successful, practicing professionals.
NSA of Las Vegas is your hometown access to the largest and most active network of professional speakers in the world. If you are serious about your speaking career and you live in or near Las Vegas, please join us. We’d love to partner with you for mutual success!
(Already a Member of the National Speakers Association)
$247 + One time application fee of $50 for new members.
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
(Non-Member of the National Speakers Association)
$287 + One time application fee of $50 for new members
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
Non-Member Chapter Meeting Fee: $47
Are the membership fees prorated?
No, our membership is on a rolling annual basis.
When is my membership renewal fee due?
Membership renewals are due 12 months from your last membership payment.
If I am a chapter member, how much are chapter meetings?
All regular chapter meetings are included in your annual chapter membership fees.
Are special chapter meetings included in my chapter membership fee?
Throughout the year NSA Las Vegas will host various events such as a Christmas party and BBQ to name a few. These events will have an additional fee associated due to the additional costs.
When are chapter meetings?
Chapter meetings are generally the third Saturday of the month (September – May). However, at times to accommodate the guest speaker’s schedule, we will have to make changes to the schedule to ensure we are booking the very best for you.
How long can I be an affiliate member?
2014/2015 will be the last year that affiliate membership will be offered or available. After this year there will only be one type of membership available – Professional Member. Professional Member means you are a member of the National Speakers Association and have met the eligibility requirements as determined by National. If you are not a national member or do not currently meet the eligibility requirements, we still WELCOME you to attend chapter meetings. You would simply register for each meeting and pay its fee.
NSA Las Vegas Speakers Academy
NSA LV Speaker Academy Graduation & Celebration!
For the Class of 2015-2016
The NSA Las Vegas Chapter is currently in it’s 5th year of its highly acclaimed Speakers Academy for 2015 – 2016.
Saturday, June 11, 2016
9am – Noon
Come watch the students as they showcase there speech and we celebrate with them – other NSA members, guests, family and friends. With a special MC to add more entertainment and a catered lunch served afterward.
Events details will be posted as updated so please check back periodically!
Sample Agenda of Past Academy
NSA is the premier organization for the world’s most successful professional speakers, authors, subject-matter-experts and coaches. Whatever your unique message is, the 6-9-month NSA Las Vegas Speakers Academy will significantly shorten your learning curve and turbo-charge your career by helping you:
- Chart your own course for speaking success based on your unique goals and aspirations as a part-time or full-time speaker
- Develop the four core competencies of the professional speaker
- Gain powerful and practical insights, on a monthly basis, from professional speakers who are practicing what you are learning
- Learn how to adapt your speaking skills to the strong currents of change dominating the speaking, training and coaching environment
- Build lasting relationships with your expert Academy Instructors, NSA Las Vegas chapter members, and other Academy attendees
- Accelerate your path to professional membership in the National Speakers Association (NSA)
Take this opportunity to accelerate your speaking career by immersing yourself in our dynamic-results-focused program designed for speakers, by speakers. You will learn from a faculty of respected industry experts, the NSA Las Vegas Board of Directors, Certified Speaking Professionals (CSP), and former graduates. NSA is built upon the core principle of sharing insights and expertise. Each speaking professional will teach you what they are successfully practicing on and off the platform.
Join the many Academy graduates who qualified for formal NSA membership upon completion of their learning and building experience. In addition to 12 comprehensive sessions over a 6-9 month period, you will receive the following benefits courtesy of NSA Las Vegas:
- Demo Video displaying your talents: Value $300
- Membership/Affiliate Dues for Las Vegas Chapter for 2015-2016: Value $337
- Other items soon to come
To ensure that each participate receives maximum individual coaching, guidance and feedback, enrollment will be capped at 12 students. Submit your application TODAY to take advantage of the early tuition discount.
We cover all the bases. Topics may include –but not limited to:
- Orientation, Introduction to NSA and the Speaking Profession
- Professional Awareness, Trends, Critical Marketing Components
- Topic and Content Development, Honing Your Message
- Sales and Comprehensive Marketing
- Building Professional Relationships
- Platform Mechanics, Enhancing Your Delivery
- Presenting, Performance and Your Unique Persona
- Managing Social Media, Brand Awareness
- Authorship and Product Development, Developing Multiple Income Streams
- Managing Your Business, Day-to-Day Resources, Recommendations
- Putting It All Together, Launching or Revamping your Career
- Academy Showcase, Demonstrate Your Abilities