Regardless of the industry or discipline in which your expertise as a speaker falls, people who speak professionally have many things in common. Many are entrepreneurs or small business owners. Challenges related to marketing products and services, keeping up with technological advances and anticipating trends are common to everyone.
There is no such thing as a “speaking circuit,” so how do you reach potential clients? How do you expand your skill set to increase your value to clients once you have them? With long hours, travel and an ever-changing cast of clients, speaking can be a lonely profession. What is the best way to expand your network of colleagues and connect to people who do what you do?
The National Speakers Association brings speakers together to address these issues. NSA is a community of thousands of speaking professionals all over the world — a community where the pursuit of knowledge and the sharing of ideas is a way of life.
The Las Vegas Chapter of the National Speakers Association meets on the third Saturday of the month from 9AM-noon. For more information on NSA-LV and our monthly meetings, sign up for our mailing list.
You can follow and chat with our members on Facebook.
Events & News
Our remaining speakers for 2014…
Nov 15 – Shep Hyken, CSP, CPAE, Current President of NSA! - Shep owns the “customer service” space on google and social media because… he’s the best! If you never have or deal with customers you can skip this one. For the rest of us Shep will transform our thinking and practices when it comes to our customers
December – party time! (More to come…)
Also, for 2015 we have Walter Bond and Jeanne Robertson!
NSA Las Vegas usually meets the third Saturday of the month at 9AM. Meetings are regularly held at Unity Center (3037 E Warm Springs Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89120). Please check here or on the NSA-LV Facebook page for updated information. On special occasions or to meet the availability of a special guest the meeting may be scheduled on a different day or location.
National Speakers Association
NSA Las Vegas
7437 S. Eastern Ave #189
Las Vegas, NV. 89123
General Info: Mack Jackson, President
Programs or Membership: Mike Rayburn CSP
Website: John Getter
Welcome to NSA of Las Vegas!
NSA Las Vegas is an organization of professional speakers from many different backgrounds and many different areas of expertise, speaking to countless organizations, all with one unifying goal: To support and encourage each other for greater impact and profits in our speaking careers.
Within our organization, you will find an enthusiastic, passionate partnership of speakers dedicated to excellence. In keeping with the spirit of NSA’s creator, Cavett Robert, we earnestly endeavor to…
- Practice abundance rather than scarcity thinking.
- Share our trade secrets, trusting that when we help others we help ourselves.
- “Pay it forward,” meaning that in assisting others we expect nothing in return except that they help someone else.
Our members range from world class CPAE Hall of Fame members to CSP’s, and from hard working professionals with decades of success to those just beginning to speak for a living.
Does this sound like you? If so, take the next step and join us as a member.
Still not sure if becoming a member is for you. Come as my personal guest! Join us free of charge as a 1st time guest to experience all the NSA Las Vegas has to officer.
Whether you are a professional speaker or a beginner, we are here for you. I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting! Feel free to contact me with any questions. 702-527-2307 or Amber@TheProductivitySpecialist.com
Amber De La Garza, Membership Chair
The National Speakers Association of Las Vegas exists for the purpose of growing and maximizing the influence, impact and income of professional speakers in the Las Vegas area.
We accomplish this through…
- Monthly meetings featuring literally the greatest speakers in the world. Recent past speakers include…
- Brian Tracy, CPAE
- Dan Burrus, CSP, CPAE
- Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE
- Willie Jollie, CSP, CPAE
- Dan Thurmon, CSP, CPAE
- Naomi Rhode, CSP, CPAE
- Scott McKain, CSP, CPAE
- Mike Rayburn, CSP, CPAE
- Networking opportunities with other Las Vegas area speakers, speakers bureaus and meeting professionals.
- Referral of members for bookings wherever possible.
- Actively fostering relationships with speakers bureaus, meeting professionals and the LVCVA.
- Fireside chats… Las Vegas is the meeting capital of the world and top name speakers visit often. We set up impromptu “chats” or get-togethers with many of these speakers available only to NSA/LV members.
- Lowest fees for all NSA/LV activities.
- The NSA Academy! Each year we enroll a limited number of new speakers in the NSA Academy. This is a 10-month, hands on, interactive course designed to teach, coach and encourage you in every area necessary for a successful speaking career. Writing your keynote, developing your platform skills, getting bookings, shooting a video demo, building a great web site, platform sales, and other areas of expertise are taught by successful, practicing professionals.
NSA of Las Vegas is your hometown access to the largest and most active network of professional speakers in the world. If you are serious about your speaking career and you live in or near Las Vegas, please join us. We’d love to partner with you for mutual success!
(Already a Member of the National Speakers Association)
$247 + One time application fee of $50 for new members.
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
(Non-Member of the National Speakers Association)
$287 + One time application fee of $50 for new members
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
Non-Member Chapter Meeting Fee: $47
Are the membership fees prorated?
No, our membership is on a rolling annual basis.
When is my membership renewal fee due?
Membership renewals are due 12 months from your last membership payment.
If I am a chapter member, how much are chapter meetings?
All regular chapter meetings are included in your annual chapter membership fees.
Are special chapter meetings included in my chapter membership fee?
Throughout the year NSA Las Vegas will host various events such as a Christmas party and BBQ to name a few. These events will have an additional fee associated due to the additional costs.
When are chapter meetings?
Chapter meetings are generally the third Saturday of the month (September – May). However, at times to accommodate the guest speaker’s schedule, we will have to make changes to the schedule to ensure we are booking the very best for you.
How long can I be an affiliate member?
2014/2015 will be the last year that affiliate membership will be offered or available. After this year there will only be one type of membership available – Professional Member. Professional Member means you are a member of the National Speakers Association and have met the eligibility requirements as determined by National. If you are not a national member or do not currently meet the eligibility requirements, we still WELCOME you to attend chapter meetings. You would simply register for each meeting and pay its fee.
NSA Speaker Academy
Shorten Your Learning Curve
2013-2014 Speakers Academy
The National Speakers Association- Las Vegas Chapter (NSA Las Vegas) is proud to continue its acclaimed Speakers Academy for 2013-2014, shortening the professional speakers’ learning curve. This intensive 7-month program will turbo-charge your career by helping you:
- Chart your own course for speaking success based on your unique goals and aspirations as a part time or full time speaker
- Develop the four core competencies of the professional speaker – Gain powerful and practical insights, on a monthly basis, from professional speakers who are practicing what you are learning
- Learn how to adapt your speaking skills to the strong currents of change dominating the speaking and training environment
- Build lasting relationships with other Academy attendees, NSA Las Vegas, and Academy expert faculty
- Qualify for professional membership in the National Speakers Association
Conquer your speaking challenges by immersing yourself in our no-nonsense program designed for speakers, by speakers. You will learn from a respected faculty of experts from the NSA Las Vegas Board of Directors, Certified Speaking Professionals (CSP), and former graduates who will teach what they are already practicing.
Join the Academy and in addition to 12 meetings from November 2013 to April 2014, you will receive the following benefits courtesy of NSA Las Vegas:
- Free admission for every monthly NSA Las Vegas meeting during the Academy term in 2013 – 2014: Value $330
- Affiliate Membership Dues for NSA Las Vegas Chapter: Value $199
- Demo video displaying your talents at the Academy Showcase Event: Value $300
Let the Academy help you translate your expertise into marketplace success!
Speakers Academy Tuition (including all the benefits mentioned above)
$1,295.00 ON or BEFORE November 30, 2013
$1,495.00 AFTER December 1, 2013 (3 Payments of $499 each)
Enrollment will be capped at 12 students. Submit your application TODAY to take advantage of the early tuition discount.
Academy will be held the 1st and 3rd Monday evenings of the month, beginning November 4, 2013. Showcase rehearsal and speakers showcase will be held in May 2014, dates TBD. Classes will be held in a conference/meeting room on Sahara just east of Rainbow.