Regardless of the industry or discipline in which your expertise as a speaker falls, people who speak professionally have many things in common. Many are entrepreneurs or small business owners. Challenges related to marketing products and services, keeping up with technological advances and anticipating trends are common to everyone.
There is no such thing as a “speaking circuit,” so how do you reach potential clients? How do you expand your skill set to increase your value to clients once you have them? With long hours, travel and an ever-changing cast of clients, speaking can be a lonely profession. What is the best way to expand your network of colleagues and connect to people who do what you do?
The National Speakers Association brings speakers together to address these issues. NSA is a community of thousands of speaking professionals all over the world — a community where the pursuit of knowledge and the sharing of ideas is a way of life.
The Las Vegas Chapter of the National Speakers Association meets on the third Saturday of the month from 9AM-noon. For more information on NSA-LV and our monthly meetings, sign up for our mailing list.
You can follow and chat with our members on Facebook.
Events & News
Please plan on joining us on March 15, 2014 for a truly exceptional opportunity. Follow developments on our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/NSALasVegas
National Speakers Association
NSA Las Vegas
7437 S. Eastern Ave #189
Las Vegas, NV. 89123
General Info: Mack Jackson, President
Programs or Membership: Mike Rayburn CSP
Website: John Getter
What NSA of Las Vegas has to Offer to Professional Speakers
- Exposure to world class speakers who share their secrets of success
- Invaluable career building tools
- Updates and insight on the latest trends in the industry
- Networking with other successful speakers
- Updates and insight on the latest trends in the technologies that serve speakers and the meetings industry
- New ideas as well as traditional wisdom concerning speaking business models
- Exposure to bookings opportunities
- Exposure to the world class creative minds of Las Vegas entertainers for application to speaking.
- Access to top coaches and development of platform skills
- Non-standard educational programming
Early Bird Rates – Include all meetings and annual dues (available until October 1, 2013).
NSA National member
Meetings $29 each
Annual Dues $149
Early Bird Rate $352 (inclusive)
NSA Academy Graduate
Meetings $29 each
Annual Dues $199
Early Bird Rate $402 (inclusive)
NSA Affiliate member
Meetings $39 each
Annual Dues $199
Early Bird Rate $472 (inclusive)
Meetings $55 each
Affiliate Member – $199
A potential National NSA member. Affliiate members are given 2 years to qualify for membership in the national organization.
NSA Member – $149
A local chapter member. Membership in the national organization is required for chapter membership.
NSA Member Renewal – $149
To learn more about NSA National Member requirements and to download the application, please visit http://www.nsaspeaker.org/JOINNSA.aspx
NSA Speaker Academy
Shorten Your Learning Curve
2013-2014 Speakers Academy
The National Speakers Association- Las Vegas Chapter (NSA Las Vegas) is proud to continue its acclaimed Speakers Academy for 2013-2014, shortening the professional speakers’ learning curve. This intensive 7-month program will turbo-charge your career by helping you:
- Chart your own course for speaking success based on your unique goals and aspirations as a part time or full time speaker
- Develop the four core competencies of the professional speaker – Gain powerful and practical insights, on a monthly basis, from professional speakers who are practicing what you are learning
- Learn how to adapt your speaking skills to the strong currents of change dominating the speaking and training environment
- Build lasting relationships with other Academy attendees, NSA Las Vegas, and Academy expert faculty
- Qualify for professional membership in the National Speakers Association
Conquer your speaking challenges by immersing yourself in our no-nonsense program designed for speakers, by speakers. You will learn from a respected faculty of experts from the NSA Las Vegas Board of Directors, Certified Speaking Professionals (CSP), and former graduates who will teach what they are already practicing.
Join the Academy and in addition to 12 meetings from November 2013 to April 2014, you will receive the following benefits courtesy of NSA Las Vegas:
- Free admission for every monthly NSA Las Vegas meeting during the Academy term in 2013 – 2014: Value $330
- Affiliate Membership Dues for NSA Las Vegas Chapter: Value $199
- Demo video displaying your talents at the Academy Showcase Event: Value $300
Let the Academy help you translate your expertise into marketplace success!
Speakers Academy Tuition (including all the benefits mentioned above)
$1,295.00 ON or BEFORE November 30, 2013
$1,495.00 AFTER December 1, 2013 (3 Payments of $499 each)
Enrollment will be capped at 12 students. Submit your application TODAY to take advantage of the early tuition discount.
Academy will be held the 1st and 3rd Monday evenings of the month, beginning November 4, 2013. Showcase rehearsal and speakers showcase will be held in May 2014, dates TBD. Classes will be held in a conference/meeting room on Sahara just east of Rainbow.