Regardless of the industry or discipline in which your expertise as a speaker falls, people who speak professionally have many things in common. Many are entrepreneurs or small business owners. Challenges related to marketing products and services, keeping up with technological advances and anticipating trends are common to everyone.
There is no such thing as a “speaking circuit,” so how do you reach potential clients? How do you expand your skill set to increase your value to clients once you have them? With long hours, travel and an ever-changing cast of clients, speaking can be a lonely profession. What is the best way to expand your network of colleagues and connect to people who do what you do?
The National Speakers Association brings speakers together to address these issues. NSA is a community of thousands of speaking professionals all over the world — a community where the pursuit of knowledge and the sharing of ideas is a way of life.
The Las Vegas Chapter of the National Speakers Association meets on the third Saturday of the month from 9AM-noon. For more information on NSA-LV and our monthly meetings, sign up for our mailing list.
You can follow and chat with our members on Facebook.
Events & News
NSA Las Vegas Meeting
With Special Guest Speaker
Saturday, September 10, 2016
Saturday, September 10, 2016
6795 S Edmond St, Las Vegas, NV 89118
Sam Richter is an internationally recognized expert on sales intelligence and online reputation management. He has been named one of the world’s Top 25 Most Influential Sales Leaders and his best-selling book, “Take the Cold Out of Cold Calling” is in multiple editions and was named Sales Book of the Year. Through his Know More! business improvement programs, Sam has trained leading organizations and entertained tens of thousands of persons around the globe. Sam’s proven techniques for leveraging online information to grow sales has directly resulted in millions of dollars of new business for his clients and program attendees.
Morning Session: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Every Sales ‘Yes’ Begins with a Know
Web Search Secrets to Find More Leads, Provide More Value, and Win More Business
Success as a professional speaker is all about relationships. When you know more about your prospects and clients, you’re better able to customize your sales pitch, ask great questions, differentiate from the competition, ensure your program is highly relevant to the audience, personalize your message, and – bottom line – win more gigs. In this dynamic presentation, you will discover…
- Web search secrets that you never thought possible for uncovering speaking opportunities, creating lead lists, and generating powerful referrals.
- Tips and tricks for using social networks and “hidden” websites as sales and competitive “intelligence agents.” How to use information to make a big-time impression during any sales call, wow the audience during every presentation, and build deeper and long-term relationships with any client.
This interactive presentation has a huge “WOW” factor-you will be shocked at what you don’t know (but soon will).
Special Bonus Afternoon Session: 1:30 – 3:00 PM
How you act in a digital world can make – or break – your personal reputation and business brand
In today’s instant communication and social networking world, it’s easy to share your opinions and others can share the same about you. Unfortunately, what you and others post online, write in a text, and even leave in a voicemail or email is not limited to private networks and friend groups. Rather, in a digital world, there’s a good chance that everything out there about you is archived, and made searchable, FOREVER! In “Don’t Steal the Cheesecake” you will learn…
- What is a “personal brand,” why you already have one, how to enhance it, and how personal brands dramatically impact your reputation and speaking career.
- The dangers of sharing too much information, what can happen if you’re not careful, and how to respond if you don’t like what someone shares about you or your company.
- Inside secrets on how to manage your online presence and Google rankings (for non-technical people) so when people search for information on you, that you control what they find.
This thought provoking and entertaining program will provide you very practical ideas you can immediately implement to improve your brand, and your personal and business reputation.
Innevation powered by SWITCH
6795 S Edmond St, 3rd Floor
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Registration/Networking: 8:30 AM-9:00 AM
Morning Session: 9:00 AM-12:30 PM
Afternoon Session: 1:30 PM-3:00 PM
National Speakers Association
NSA Las Vegas
7437 S. Eastern Ave #189
Las Vegas, NV. 89123
General Info: Sophia Falke, President
Welcome to NSA of Las Vegas!
NSA Las Vegas is an organization of professional speakers from many different backgrounds and many different areas of expertise, speaking to countless organizations, all with one unifying goal: To support and encourage each other for greater impact and profits in our speaking careers.
Within our organization, you will find an enthusiastic, passionate partnership of speakers dedicated to excellence. In keeping with the spirit of NSA’s creator, Cavett Robert, we earnestly endeavor to…
- Practice abundance rather than scarcity thinking.
- Share our trade secrets, trusting that when we help others we help ourselves.
- “Pay it forward,” meaning that in assisting others we expect nothing in return except that they help someone else.
Our members range from world class CPAE Hall of Fame members to CSP’s, and from hard working professionals with decades of success to those just beginning to speak for a living.
Does this sound like you? If so, take the next step and join us as a member.
Still not sure if becoming a member is for you. Come as my personal guest! Join us free of charge as a 1st time guest to experience all the NSA Las Vegas has to officer.
Whether you are a professional speaker or a beginner, we are here for you. I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting! Feel free to contact me with any questions. 702-575-8433 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocco De Lorenzo
The National Speakers Association of Las Vegas exists for the purpose of growing and maximizing the influence, impact and income of professional speakers in the Las Vegas area.
We accomplish this through…
- Monthly meetings featuring literally the greatest speakers in the world. Recent past speakers include…
- Brian Tracy, CPAE
- Dan Burrus, CSP, CPAE
- Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE
- Willie Jollie, CSP, CPAE
- Dan Thurmon, CSP, CPAE
- Naomi Rhode, CSP, CPAE
- Scott McKain, CSP, CPAE
- Mike Rayburn, CSP, CPAE
- Networking opportunities with other Las Vegas area speakers, speakers bureaus and meeting professionals.
- Referral of members for bookings wherever possible.
- Actively fostering relationships with speakers bureaus, meeting professionals and the LVCVA.
- Fireside chats… Las Vegas is the meeting capital of the world and top name speakers visit often. We set up impromptu “chats” or get-togethers with many of these speakers available only to NSA/LV members.
- Lowest fees for all NSA/LV activities.
- The NSA Academy! Each year we enroll a limited number of new speakers in the NSA Academy. This is a 10-month, hands on, interactive course designed to teach, coach and encourage you in every area necessary for a successful speaking career. Writing your keynote, developing your platform skills, getting bookings, shooting a video demo, building a great web site, platform sales, and other areas of expertise are taught by successful, practicing professionals.
NSA of Las Vegas is your hometown access to the largest and most active network of professional speakers in the world. If you are serious about your speaking career and you live in or near Las Vegas, please join us. We’d love to partner with you for mutual success!
(Already a Member of the National Speakers Association)
$247 + One time application fee of $50 for new members.
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
(Non-Member of the National Speakers Association)
$287 + One time application fee of $50 for new members
- All Chapter Meetings are Included!
Non-Member Chapter Meeting Fee: $47
Are the membership fees prorated?
No, our membership is on a rolling annual basis.
When is my membership renewal fee due?
Membership renewals are due 12 months from your last membership payment.
If I am a chapter member, how much are chapter meetings?
All regular chapter meetings are included in your annual chapter membership fees.
Are special chapter meetings included in my chapter membership fee?
Throughout the year NSA Las Vegas will host various events such as a Christmas party and BBQ to name a few. These events will have an additional fee associated due to the additional costs.
When are chapter meetings?
Chapter meetings are generally the third Saturday of the month (September – May). However, at times to accommodate the guest speaker’s schedule, we will have to make changes to the schedule to ensure we are booking the very best for you.
How long can I be an affiliate member?
2014/2015 will be the last year that affiliate membership will be offered or available. After this year there will only be one type of membership available – Professional Member. Professional Member means you are a member of the National Speakers Association and have met the eligibility requirements as determined by National. If you are not a national member or do not currently meet the eligibility requirements, we still WELCOME you to attend chapter meetings. You would simply register for each meeting and pay its fee.
NSA Las Vegas Speakers Academy
NSA LV Speaker Academy Graduation & Celebration!
For the Class of 2015-2016
The NSA Las Vegas Chapter is currently in it’s 5th year of its highly acclaimed Speakers Academy for 2015 – 2016.
Saturday, June 11, 2016
9am – Noon
Come watch the students as they showcase there speech and we celebrate with them – other NSA members, guests, family and friends. With a special MC to add more entertainment and a catered lunch served afterward.
Events details will be posted as updated so please check back periodically!
Sample Agenda of Past Academy
NSA is the premier organization for the world’s most successful professional speakers, authors, subject-matter-experts and coaches. Whatever your unique message is, the 6-9-month NSA Las Vegas Speakers Academy will significantly shorten your learning curve and turbo-charge your career by helping you:
- Chart your own course for speaking success based on your unique goals and aspirations as a part-time or full-time speaker
- Develop the four core competencies of the professional speaker
- Gain powerful and practical insights, on a monthly basis, from professional speakers who are practicing what you are learning
- Learn how to adapt your speaking skills to the strong currents of change dominating the speaking, training and coaching environment
- Build lasting relationships with your expert Academy Instructors, NSA Las Vegas chapter members, and other Academy attendees
- Accelerate your path to professional membership in the National Speakers Association (NSA)
Take this opportunity to accelerate your speaking career by immersing yourself in our dynamic-results-focused program designed for speakers, by speakers. You will learn from a faculty of respected industry experts, the NSA Las Vegas Board of Directors, Certified Speaking Professionals (CSP), and former graduates. NSA is built upon the core principle of sharing insights and expertise. Each speaking professional will teach you what they are successfully practicing on and off the platform.
Join the many Academy graduates who qualified for formal NSA membership upon completion of their learning and building experience. In addition to 12 comprehensive sessions over a 6-9 month period, you will receive the following benefits courtesy of NSA Las Vegas:
- Demo Video displaying your talents: Value $300
- Membership/Affiliate Dues for Las Vegas Chapter for 2015-2016: Value $337
- Other items soon to come
To ensure that each participate receives maximum individual coaching, guidance and feedback, enrollment will be capped at 12 students. Submit your application TODAY to take advantage of the early tuition discount.
We cover all the bases. Topics may include –but not limited to:
- Orientation, Introduction to NSA and the Speaking Profession
- Professional Awareness, Trends, Critical Marketing Components
- Topic and Content Development, Honing Your Message
- Sales and Comprehensive Marketing
- Building Professional Relationships
- Platform Mechanics, Enhancing Your Delivery
- Presenting, Performance and Your Unique Persona
- Managing Social Media, Brand Awareness
- Authorship and Product Development, Developing Multiple Income Streams
- Managing Your Business, Day-to-Day Resources, Recommendations
- Putting It All Together, Launching or Revamping your Career
- Academy Showcase, Demonstrate Your Abilities